Cross-country skiing holiday in the Kitzbühel Alps
Pillerseetal/Hochfilzen is the TOP cross-country skiing destination in Austria.
Those in the know have been aware of this for a long time – When you’re looking for the perfect cross-country skiing holiday, there’s no getting around the Pillerseetal valley. The surrounding mountain backdrop makes it even more fun to explore the most beautiful network of cross-country ski tracks in Tyrol. Thanks primarily to the reliable snow coverage, Waidring (along with Hochfilzen, Fieberbrunn and St. Ulrich, all of which are in the Pillerseetal valley) boasts of perfectly-prepared cross-country skiing tracks from December to April. The tracks feature diverse routes and various difficulty levels. Classical racers and skaters will fall in love with the glittering cross-country ski tracks, which run past the Pillersee lake and are situated in the midst of the magical winter landscape.
The cross-country skiing package is rounded off by diverse cross-country skiing events (FIS Continental Cup for cross-country skiing, the KRONE Volksbiathlon) and Hochfilzen’s annual Biathlon world cup.
REASONS FOR A CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING HOLIDAY AT THE WAIDRINGER HOF
- Flawlessly-prepared network of cross-country ski trails, featuring 100-km trails in the classical and skating-friendly styles
- GPS-covered cross-country ski trails throughout the Pillerseetal valley
- Professional cross-country skiing conditions, with Hochfilzen as the permanent venue of the Biathlon world cup
- We provide our guests with free tickets for the cross-country ski trails – You can use all the trails in the Pillerseetal valley for free
- Comfortable transportation between the cross-country ski trails, thanks to the free Regiobus
- GPS-covered cross-country ski trails at all locations
- Daily guest biathlons possible
- Experts in cross-country skiing: The ‘nordic academy’ in Hochfilzen and ‘SINUS’ in St. Ulrich am Pillersee
- Nordic Walking centre in the Pillerseetal valley
- Permanent IVV – Cross-country ski trails